This article helps you create a Floodlight tag using Ensighten Manage. For more information on Floodlight, see the Doubleclick Campaign Manager Help Center at https://support.google.com/dcm/partner#topic=4387660.
See the video: Using Ensighten Manage to Deploy DCM Floodlight Tag Length: 7:15
Google recommends using the Global Site Tag (gtag.js) to add a DoubleClick tag to the site but you can always use the legacy implantation method which will use the older way (but still perfectly valid and working) method and this method is outlined here. The Global Site Tag method is outlined here.
Floodlight is an optional feature in DoubleClick Campaign Manager (DCM). It allows advertisers to capture reports on visitors to their site who have viewed or clicked one of their ads. Advertisers use Floodlight to determine the effectiveness of their online campaigns in terms of sales and user activity on their site. You can determine monetary value as a direct result of the campaigns or discover how users purchased a product or completed an online form. The information recorded by the Floodlight tag depends on configuration and location on the site.
Create the Floodlight Tag
Log in to Manage and navigate to Apps. Search for Floodlight and click to configure the iFrame App.
- Click Add Tag. You can configure this Tag by either pasting HTML code or Manually selecting elements and then generating the code.
To configure Manually:
- Source (src) - The source identifies the advertiser you wish to track. For example, the Advertiser ID.
- Type (type) - Type identifies the activity group used for reporting. This group is associated with a specific activity in DCM trafficking.
- Category (cat) - Category is the activity tag string that identifies the Floodlight activity. You can set your own or use the default.
- Order Id (ord) - Order Id depends on the counting method you use to count conversions.
- Optional - Click to add custom variables. Custom variables can be useful if for example you are setting up a sales activity tag. Using the sales activity example, you can track each transaction, cost, and even quantity for products sold. Values are entered similar to those above.
Typically a DoubleClick tag has "U" parameters such as U1=, U2= and so on, these parameters should go in the last section where it says "Key" and then you can enter the value as before by selecting the value type from the dropdown.
- To paste HTML - copy and then paste the HTML code directly into the text box. A sample of the DoubleClick code will look like this:
You can take all of this code and paste it into the HTML box in the tag:
Click the Load button. This will then load out the parameters into the relevant sections:
Click Save and your tag will be saved and you will be ready to move to the next sections of the tag configuration.
- Click Next and complete the configuration of your tag.