Set up your environment:
- Open the Manage API Apiary documentation to Authentication
- Generate your base64 Manage credentials
- Open your Postman API developer tool
- Follow the format of the Authentication closely to set up request
Ready to start (using Postman app):
- Choose POST as the request type
- Enter the URL Request Paste the authentication URL
- Enter the two Header key/values:
Basic Authentication Token
- For the Body select your data type and enter the key/value set:
Type Key Value
- Click Send to get your access token
Failing to send the access token with a request or not refreshing your session prior to expiration will result in a 401 response: Unauthorized.
Now that you have successfully authenticated to the Manage API, you can now make requests to read, write, commit, publish, etc. provided your username has those privileges.
Your access token gives you access to the Manage for 60 minutes. Use the refresh token to extend your time.