Lifecycle events are automatically fired by the Ensighten Mobile Library whenever an app lifecycle event occurs.
Add a lifecycle event
- Open the app for which you would like to add a lifecycle event.
- Click ADD EVENT.
- In the EVENT step, select Lifecycle Event.
- Select the lifecycle event that you would like to track.
- Click NEXT.
- In the DATA step, add the data that you would like to collect.
- Click NEXT.
- In the TAGS step, add any tags that you would like to use.
- Click SAVE.
NOTE: Lifecycle Events are only supported in Android Library 3.0.0+ and iOS (Swift) Library 2.0.0+. Apps using earlier versions of these libraries should use Injected Events.
Supported Lifecycle Events
- PAGE VIEW* – Fires every time a user visits a page in your app.
- CLICK* – Fires every time a user interacts with a clickable element in your app.
- APP INSTALL – Fires when a user opens the app for the first time after an install.
- APP UPGRADE – Fires when a user opens the app for the first time after an upgrade.
- APP LAUNCH – Fires when a user opens the app.
- APP FOREGROUNDED – Fires when a user puts the app into the foreground.
- APP BACKGROUNDED – Fires when a user puts the app into the background.
- APP CRASH – Fires when a user opens the app after a crash has occurred.
- DEEP LINK OPENED – Fires when a user opens the app using a deep link.
- ACTIVITY OPENED (ANDROID ONLY) – Fires when a user resumes an activity in your app. This can be used as an alternate way of tracking page views if your app does not have the Android Plugin installed.
* For Android, this lifecycle event requires the Android Plugin to be installed in your app. For more information see, Android Plugin.