Your first step within the Ensighten Mobile UI will be to create your app. This will be where you link your mobile app to Ensighten and can be achieved by simply filling in a small number of easy to follow fields.
To get started select the Add App button that is on the Mobile home page.
From here fill in the following fields with the relevant data that correlates to the app you are trying to connect to:
- APP NAME – Used to identify the app in Ensighten Mobile.
- APP VERSION – The version of the app to tag or default to tag all app versions.
- APPLICATION ID – The app ID that was created during installation.
- OPERATING SYSTEM – The operating system that your app runs on.
NOTE: Ensighten Mobile considers iOS apps built in Objective-C and in Swift as different operating systems.
- (OPTIONAL) APP ICON – Used to help identify the app in Ensighten Mobile.
- (OPTIONAL) STORE URL – the URL of the app page in the App Store or Google Play, used as an alternate way to provide the app icon.
- (OPTIONAL) BATCH SIZE – The number of events that will be collected before the network request is sent to the analytics provider. Increase this number to improve the network performance and power usage of your app. By default, the batch size is set to 1 and every event sends out a network request.
- (OPTIONAL) REFRESH INTERVAL – Enter the amount of time (in minutes) until a user that has your app open receives the latest set of published tags. By default, the tags are refreshed every 30 minutes.
IMPORTANT: This setting has no effect for apps running Android Library 4.0.0+, iOS (Objective-C) Library 3.4.0+, and Swift Library 3.0.0+. In those versions, tags are refreshed every app launch and every 24 hours afterwards in order to ensure accurate session measurements.
- ALLOW CONNECTIONS TO ENSIGHTEN MOBILE – Keep checked to allow devices to connect to Ensighten Mobile using the 4-finger press gesture.
Finally, select SAVE and you have successfully added your app to Ensighten.