Ensighten Privacy provides a firewall called a privacy gateway for tags deployed with Ensighten. The privacy gateway blocks unwanted tags from firing and ensures full compliance with visitor preferences and global privacy laws and regulations.
To deploy Ensighten Privacy in your mobile app, add the Ensighten Privacy Integration to your mobile app in Ensighten Mobile and configure the privacy gateway using Ensighten Privacy. Once the gateway has been published, the gateway will protect your data and enforce user privacy for all tags deployed through Ensighten.
NOTE: Ensighten Privacy is only supported in Android Library 3.1.0+ and iOS (Swift) Library 2.1.0.
Adding the Privacy Integration
Before you begin, make sure your account has permissions to access the Ensighten Privacy product. If your account does not have access, contact your Ensighten customer service representative.
- Open the app to which you would like to add Ensighten Privacy.
- Click + ADD INTEGRATION:
- Click Ensighten Privacy
- Click ADD GATEWAY:
- Wait while the Privacy Gateway is created. This can take a minute or two.
- Click CLOSE
NOTE: A privacy gateway is not active until it is enabled and published.
Configuring the Privacy Gateway
- Click the Privacy Integration for which you would like to edit the privacy gateway:
- Click on EDIT GATEWAY. Alternatively, you can also edit the gateway by clicking on the gateway name or by clicking the overflow icon (vertical ellipsis) to the right of the gateway version and selecting Edit:
- The Gateway Settings page will open in a new window or tab. Use this page to configure the privacy gateway. To learn more about privacy gateways and how to configure enforcement and consent, visit the About Gateways page in the Help Center.
NOTE: You must be logged into Ensighten Manage to access the About Gateways page in the Help Center.
Enabling the Privacy Gateway
- Click the Privacy Integration for which you would like to enable the privacy gateway:
- Enable the gateway by toggling the switch in the PROTECTION column:
NOTE: Alternatively, you can enable privacy gateway enforcement by setting the Enforcement Mode to Enforce on the Gateway Settings page in Ensighten Privacy.
Publishing the Privacy Gateway
- Click the Privacy Integration for which you would like to publish the privacy gateway:
- Click the overflow icon (vertical ellipsis) to the right of the gateway version and select Publish: